Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wanderer

What a day what a day!! I went so many places!! My feet were about to fall off-so I got a pedicure. haha thanks mom!

But to start off my day I got ready and then headed down to the Lower East side. The guys in the office were telling me to go find some of the streets fairs down there. So I found the Hester Street Fair. I had to walk through legit China Town to get there. I was definitely the only blonde one. Scary! I finally got to the fair and it was not what I was expecting. It was tiny. Only like 10 tents long. Kind of a let down. But the things there were pretty. It was more of an artist fair. So very vintage and hand made. But very expensive. I got a tiny scoop of nutella and banana ice cream for four dollars! Lame! And then I booked it out of there.

Next I headed up to Washington square. On my way there I ran into another street fair! It was on Broadway and Huston St. This fair was fantastic! It was 4 blocks long and lined with different tents. Jewelry, clothes, scarves, hand made things, ornaments, bonzi trees, and of course FOOD! I had to get a smoothie and then I got a nutella crepe. Delicious. I walked the whole thing up and down and then went on my way to Washington square. Washington Sq has that huge white arch and looks just like the arc de triumph in France. I've been there shhhh! It was very pretty. But then I was starting to notice that there were sooo many people from India. And then came the realization (once I saw the huge sign) that it was the Fair of India! There was Henna and food and different booths about their culture. And everyone was dressed in the traditional clothes of India. With all the colors and the huge skirts and sheer wraps. It was great to see!

Then I headed up to the Flat Iron Building. It is near Madison park and you will never believe what I found there. Another fair! Only this time, it was a BBQ fair. Tents upon tents of different BBQ places. It smelled so good. It was a huge change from the last fair where there were the people of India and then I came to Cowboys and lots of cowboy boots with country and rock music. I walked through the park then came to the Flat Iron Building. It is one of the oldest buildings in New York. It was huge and awesome to see! And when you turn around there is the empire state building a few blocks away.

Then I headed home to get my pedicure. It was heavenly. Tonight we are hopefully going to Snow White and the Huntsman. I hope it is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment